Fast, accurate SmartAuto OTDR network characterization or fault location
- Easy to understand LinkMap results with pass/fail indications
- 1550 nm only version for cost-effective troubleshooting
- 1310/1550 nm version for complete network characterization
- Alerts users to live fibres and poor launch condition
- Integrated Source, Power Meter, VFL (visual fault locator)
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi communications
- Compatible with FOCIS Flex connector inspection system
- Rugged, lightweight, hand-held for field use
- Large, bright touchscreen display easily viewed indoors and out
- Internal / external data storage via USB, Bluetooth, or Wi-Fi
- 12-hour Telcordia battery operation
- Optical network installation, troubleshooting and maintenance
- OTDR testing plus Insertion Loss and Power measurements
- Locate faults exceeding industry or user pass/fail thresholds
- Visually pinpoint location of macro-bends or breaks inside cabinets and splice closures
SMARTAUTO – Provides Network-optimized Test Settings
In SmartAuto mode, a FlexScan OTDR automatically determines the characteristics of the network under test and rapidly completes multiple scans using a variety of network-optimized acquisition settings. It precisely locates and identifies network events, as well as measures loss and reflectance for each detected event. SmartAuto supports two test modes: Locate End & Faults (for fast network troubleshooting) and Characterize Fibre (for more complete installation verification) For even greater ease-of-use, FlexScan checks for live fibre and verifies the OTDR launch connection before initiating a test. Dual wavelength FlexScan OTDRs also provide automatic macro-bend detection.
LINKMAP – Simplifies Network Troubleshooting
LinkMap with Pass/Fail enables even novice users to easily and accurately troubleshoot optical networks. LinkMap presents an icon-based view of the tested network clearly identifying fibre start, end, connectors, splices and macro-bends. A LinkMap Summary provides end-to-end link length, loss, loss per distance and ORL. Loss and reflectance of detected events is compared to industry-standard or user-settable pass/fail thresholds and displayed with clear pass/fail indications. Users can instantly toggle between LinkMap and Trace views.
BLUETOOTH AND WI-FI – For Faster Connectivity
Pair FlexScan with AFL’s FOCIS Flex connector inspection probe for fast, easy connector end-face inspection. FOCIS Flex provides auto-focus, auto-centering, integrated IEC pass/fail analysis, and automatic Bluetooth transfer of images and pass/fail results to FlexScan for display and archiving. FlexScan’s built-in Wi-Fi also supports wireless remote control and file tansfer to/from Windows PCs, Android and iOS mobile devices.
MULTI-FUNCTIONALITY – Ensures Complete Testing Accuracy
FlexScan integrates a Visual Fault Locator (VFL) plus an optional optical laser source (OLS) and optical power meter (OPM) supporting AFL’s unique Wave ID capability. With Wave ID, the power meter automatically synchronizes to a single or multiwavelength Wave ID optical signal sent by an AFL light source. The power meter automatically identifies received wavelengths and measures power and loss at each wavelength, saving significant test time and eliminating setup error. The VFL’s eye-safe red laser enables users to visually pinpoint the location of macro-bends and fibre breaks often found in splice closures and fibre cabinets.